Blog Archive

Thursday, January 22, 2015

a reflective post: be that you

  1. But as it is written, "No eye has seenno ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love him." But just as it is written, "Things that no eye has seen, or ear heard, or mind imagined, are the things God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9
    Throughout my journey growing up, I've always heard people tell me... 
    my standards are too high
    my dreams too big
    my hopes too fairy-tale like
    my mind too easily distracted
    my passion too intense
    my commitment too intimidating
    my love too available
    my heart too open
    my faith too serious
    my words too deep
    These words from those people tried to slay me; tried to trap me confining me to their assumptions and trite observations. Anything they could to tear my focus from the One who made me while pursuing how he made me. 
    But, by God's grace, I never listened. Not once.
    Another fault? They would say so. 
    I let my self be pure, raw, uniquely, individually me in all those ways. It wasn't an easy trek- I fought for each step of ground in this direction. Because of this, I found what so many miss. My crazy, impulsive, whimsical me, discovered a most beautiful soul. He mirrors me, sees me, embraces me, knows me, loves me. 
    Our souls dance along to the same "wrong" beat. Together; hammering out a path that is unknown. A journey not familiar. A grace-overflowing, love-enduring, depth-filling, Jesus Christ-saving rhythm. 
    My story holds fabrics so bold, so beautiful, those people can hardly believe it. But I smile to them... I share the journey anyway....
    Yes, I prayed intentionally for him for years
    yes, we met over instagram through a friend
    yes, our love came before 6 months time
    yes, I flew to Holland to meet him in person
    yes, he took me to Paris for a day
    yes, I followed him to Australia
    yes, God provided a job
    yes, we fell crazier, head over heels 
    yes, we are the best of friends
    yes, we challenge each other
    yes, we love Jesus more than anything
    yes, he asked me to marry him within 10 months
    yes, he flew me high in the sky on a seaplane
    yes, we will spend a couple years traveling the world
    yes, he is deep with me
    yes, he lets me be my crazy, goofy self
    yes, he just loves me. me. just simple me. 
    Because maybe by sharing with those people, just maybe one day, they will lay their own assumptions aside, and drop the confining trite observations about themselves to discover their real identity... and with it a magical, glorious path marked by miraculous glory from above. God seeks to bless. Chose to chase him with all of who you are. 
    You. 
    The beautiful, crazy, unique you that He died on a Cross for. 
    This You is who He loves. This You is who He made you to be. 
    Be that you. 
    That you is wonderfully made with great unimaginables lying just ahead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment